Transfer Advising Day
Email: Malcolm Pace
Congratulations on your acceptance to Wheelock College!
Now it's time to submit your deposit and register for Transfer Advising Day, a one-day advising and registration program designed to prepare new students for their transition to Wheelock College. Whether you are transferring after one semester or a few years, Transfer Advising Day will provide you with valuable information that will help you become better acquainted with our campus, community, academic programs, and the resources available to you. After you submit your deposit, you will receive the Transfer Advising Day registration link via email.
If you are a student and require disability-related accommodations to participate in Transfer Advising Day (programming, writing sample, or math placement), please contact Jennifer Pike, Director of Access and Disability Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-879-2030.
Transfer Advising Day 2017
July 13, 9.am. - 5 p.m.
At Transfer Advising Day you can expect to:
- Become familiar with college programs and resources
- Attend workshops that will prepare you to begin your Wheelock College journey
- Learn about the academic opportunities at Wheelock College and declare your major(s)
- Meet with an academic advisor, discuss your transfer credit, create your schedule, and register for fall courses
- Connect with other transfer students
Your Next Steps:
- If you haven't already done so, you need to inform Admissions of your plans to attend Wheelock College by returning your enrollment paperwork and deposit.
- Once your deposit is received, you will receive an email from the Admissions Office with a link to register for Transfer Advising Day.
- If you have taken courses in the Spring 2017 semester and want the credits transferred over, please send your official transcripts to the Admissions Office before Transfer Advising Day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT TRANSFER ADVISING DAY
Q: Must I attend Transfer Advising Day?
A: Yes, all transfer students are required to attend the full program during their chosen session. All students participating in Transfer Advising Day will need to attend the entire program in order to register for classes at the end of the session.
Q: How long is the program?
A: The program is a one-day session that begins at 9 a.m. and runs until 5 p.m.
Q: How do I register for Transfer Advising Day?
A: You will receive an invitation with a link to our online registration system once you put down your deposit.
Q: What do I need to do before coming to Transfer Advising Day?
A: Make sure all your FINAL transcripts have been sent to Wheelock College Office of Admissions. Review the packet of materials from the Advising office; Develop a list of questions you would like answered while you are on-campus.
Q: Can my parent(s) or other family members attend Transfer Advising Day?
A: There is not a program for friends and family during Transfer Advising Day. All of the sessions are for students only. If your guest(s) are looking for things to do in the area, please refer to our Boston Page for suggestions.
Q: What if I cannot attend Transfer Advising Day?
A: Transfer Advising Day will provide crucial academic information for new transfer students. If you are unable to attend the program, you will not be able to register for fall classes until August. Please contact the Office of Student Success immediately should you have a conflict with attending the program.
Helpful Links to other pages on the Wheelock Website
Academic Support Services
Entrance Health Requirements and Forms
Parents and Families
Undergraduate Academic programs
Undergraduate Housing Options