Visiting Other Libraries
The Wheelock College Library is a member of Fenway Library Organization (FLO), a consortium of academic and special libraries in Massachusetts. 10 of the libraries together maintain an online catalog of their respective collections. These 10 libraries are identified with an asterisk by their names in the list below. You may request items from the catalog be sent to the Wheelock Library.
All current Wheelock students, faculty, and staff have borrowing privileges at these libraries, and may have in-library access to other materials, such as online resources. You may go directly to the libraries and present your Wheelock ID to check out circulating items.
More information about these libraries, including directions, can be found on their individual web pages:
- Emerson College *
- Emmanuel College *
- Framingham State University
- Holyoke Community College
- Lesley University *
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design *
- MassBay Community College
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Art
- MCPHS University*
- Middlesex Community College
- Museum of Fine Arts *
- New England College of Optometry *
- New England Conservatory *
- North Shore Community College
- Quinsigamond Community College
- Roxbury Community College
- Simmons College
- Suffolk University
- University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Wentworth Institute of Technology *
Current students, faculty, and staff may borrow materials in accordance with the individual libraries’ borrowing policies.
Boston Public Library
All Wheelock students and Massachusetts residents are eligible for borrowing privileges at the Boston Public Library. All you need are picture identification and proof of your current address in the form of postmarked mail, bills, or a lease.
The BPL also offers eCards, virtual library cards that allow users immediate entry to all of Boston Public Library's remotely-accessible electronic resources, including magazine databases, downloadable audio, video, e-books, and music.
Visit the Boston Public Library Circulation Page for more details.