Reunion Coordinator Responsibilities
Please consider joining us as a Reunion Coordinator to help "rally the troops" for Reunion 2018!
The Alumni Relations Office makes planning as easy as possible—all we need from you are your ideas and enthusiasm to help bring your classmates back to Wheelock! Several classes already have coordinators in place and you will be hearing from them soon. There is always room for more so please contact the Alumni Relations Office if you would like to be a Reunion Class Coordinator and also please spread the word to anyone from your class who you think may also be interested. Reunion planning is more fun when shared with friends!
As a reminder, here are several ways that Reunion Coordinators can contribute:
- Agree to be a letter signatory in correspondence to your class. (Our office will draft the letters and then send them to all coordinators for their approval.)
- Call or email classmates to encourage them to attend Reunion. Reach out to them on social media - create a class Facebook page and invite everyone from your class to join!
- Assist the Alumni Relations Office in the planning of your class dinner and choice of procession item.
- Participate in Reunion giving at a comfortable level for you.
- If you have an interest in being your class agent - assisting our Development Office in soliciting Reunion Class Gifts from your classmates - please do let me know. All fundraising materials sent to your classmates can be personalized, and the money raised can benefit the fund of your class's choice (e.g., scholarships, student learning, the Sue Mackey Fund). Wheelock's Development Office can assist with all of the fundraising work for your class to make it as easy as possible. We hope that all Reunion Coordinators will be able to sign gift letters.
- Try to nominate a classmate for a Reunion Award: Wheelock.edu/alumniawards.
- Attend Reunion Weekend!
If this sounds like a role that is of interest to you, please contact me and I can give you more details. I do understand that everyone is busy and has lots of personal commitments, so I assure you that I will keep planning as simple as possible. We are hoping to send a letter from the Reunion Coordinators to your classmates in October to get the excitement going early.
I hope that you will join us as a Reunion Coordinator, in whatever capacity may fit into your schedule. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.