Kyoung Jin Kim
Assistant Professor Early Childhood Education Department
School of Education, Child Life and Family Studies
Office: Classroom 207C
Ph. D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
M.A., Seoul National University
B.A., Chung-Ang University
Kyoung Jin Kim is an assistant professor in Early Childhood Education at Wheelock. Before coming to Wheelock, she was an assistant professor at Arkansas State University and Ball State University. She teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in Early Childhood Education and supervises student teachers.
Her scholarly interests include multicultural education (diversity), teacher education, professional development, quality of early childhood education, and working with family.
- Kim, K. J., Wee, S., Han, M., Son, J., & Hitchens, C. (2017). Enhancing children's art appreciation and critical thinking through art intervention program. International Journal of Education through Art. 13(3), 317-332.
- Yoon, J. Y., & Kim, K. J. (2017). Science song project: Integration of science, music, and technology to learn science concepts and process skills. K-12 STEM Education, 3(3), 235-250.
- Kim, K. J., Wee, S., & Boals, B. (2017). Opening a window through creative art activities to foster children's self-confidence. Dimensions of Early Childhood, 45(2), 4-12.
- Kim, K. J., Wee, S., Choi, J., & Boals, B. (2016). Young children's physical and psychological well-being through yoga. Childhood Education, 92(6), 437-445.
- Kim, K. J., Taylor, L. (2016). Engaging family members during intergenerational family night activities. Teaching Young Children, 10(1), 18-19.
- Yoon, J. Y., Kim, K. J., & Martin, L. (2016). Culturally inclusive science teaching (CIST) model for teachers of culturally and linguistically diverse students. Journal for Multicultural Education, 10(3), 322-338.
- Boals, B., Kim, K. J., G-L, L., & Wee, S. (2016). One state's evolving professional development system: Arkansas' early care and education path of change and growth. ArATE Electronic Journal, 7(1), 2-14.
- Wee, S., Kim, S., & Kim, K. J. (2016). Children's understanding of racial diversity through role-play: A case study of kindergarteners in South Korea. Asia Pacific Journal of Research in Early Childhood Education, 10(2), 125-149.
- Kim, K. J., & Kim, K. S. (2015). Daycare teachers' and parents' on the gap between diaper recycling attitudes and actual behaviors. Korea Environmental Policy and Administration Society, 23(4), 1-20.
- Kim, K. J. (2012). Expanding the current definition of program quality: Exploring parents' notions of what makes a good program. Asia-Pacific Journal of Research in Early Childhood Education, 6(1), 43-65.
- Seiler, S. N., Brummel, B. J., Anderson, K. L., Kim, K. J., Wee, S., Gunsalus, C. K., & Loui, M. C. (2011). Outcomes assessment of role-play scenarios for teaching responsible conduct of research. Accountability in Research, 18(4), 217-246.
- Kim, K. J. (2010). A survey on the quality of early childhood education and care: Teachers and parents' perspectives in U.S. Early Educator, 18-19.
- Kim, K. J. (2010). Exploring ecologies to uncover parents' multiple views of early childhood programs. International Journal of Early Childhood Education, 16(1), 77-91.
- Lee, G-L., Myers, D., & Kim, K. J. (2009). Kindergarten teachers' professional training and their social status in Korea. Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, 30(3), 263-271.
- Kim, K. J., & Kim, J. (2008). Kindergarten teacher evaluation in Korea: Perspectives and direction. International Journal of Early Childhood Education, 14(1), 111-126.
- Baek, S. G., & Kim, K. J. (2004). The effect of dynamic assessment based instruction on young children's "number conception." The Korean Society of Educational Psychology, 18(1), 145-162.
- Baek, S. G., & Kim, K. J. (2003). The effect of dynamic assessment based instruction on children's learning. Asia Pacific Educational Review, 4(2), 189-198.