General Curriculum Multi-Subject MTEL Resources
NOTE: Before taking an MTEL exam, please reference the Massachusetts Department of Education site, which outlines the required tests for the specific license you are seeking.
Recommended Math Resources
- Wheelock Professor Dr. Debra Borkovitz's website offers 130 free practice math questions and tips.
- The following textbook is highly recommended and is available at Wheelock's library: Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers, by Tom Bassarear. Publisher:Boston, Mass. : Houghton Mifflin, c2008.
Recommended Science Resources
- Objective : Understand and apply basic concepts and principles of the earth and space sciences to interpret and analyze phenomena.
- Example: Analyze the forces that shape the earth's surface (e.g., erosion, weathering, volcanism, plate tectonics).
- Resource: http://www.britannica.com/science/volcanism
- Objective: Demonstrate knowledge of the rock cycle and soil formation.
- Objective: Recognize the structure of the earth and atmosphere.
- Objective: Demonstrate knowledge of factors that affect weather and climate.
- Resource: http://www.eo.ucar.edu/basics/
- Objective: Identify the physical characteristics of oceans (e.g., currents, waves).
- Objective: Analyze the components and processes of the hydrologic cycle.
- Objective: Demonstrate knowledge of the structure of the solar system.
- Objective: Recognize the relationships among objects in the solar system (e.g., the moon's effect on the earth, the change of seasons).