Adult and Professional Programs
Wheelock College has been providing expertise, perspective, and experience in professional fields as well as liberal arts since 1888. Wheelock's Adult and Professional Programs allow our faculty to share that expertise with practitioners and non-matriculated students through programs and activities exploring a broad range of topics in the fields of education, social work, child life, and the arts and sciences.
In addition to offering programs created by our faculty, Wheelock brings renowned domestic and international practitioners and academics to the College to share their experiences with members of the broader community. Our goal is to bring together the best and brightest to discuss and shape the future of professional disciplines and the liberal arts.
Whether you're a practitioner, parent, student, or just a person eager to learn something new, check out the opportunities currently available.
Current Programs for Adults
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS, AND COURSES
Wheelock offers a variety of intensive, short-term learning opportunities, that will broaden your knowledge and skills.
- Graduate-level Courses: If you are interested in taking a class or two to stay on top of your profession, to get to know Wheelock, to earn credits, or just to learn something new, we welcome you to our non-matriculated students program.
- Curiosity and Learning Conference: Wheelock College's third annual conference of hands-on experiences, inspired by the education philosophy of David and Frances Hawkins.
Target Audience: Educators from schools at all age levels, museums, and family child care providers
Tentative Date: Saturday, September 30, 2017
- Open Studios at the Documentation Studio: Explore documentation's role in education from a variety of learning contexts and share your experiences with other educators in these monthly workshops.
Target audience: PreK-12 educators and higher ed faculty
Start Date: Open Studios are held monthly, with a different focus each session
- Graduate Certificates: Specialized offerings in the fields of Education, Social Work, Parenting Education, and Nonprofit Leadership.
Target Audience: These post-baccalaureate programs are designed to give professionals the specific skills they need to boost their impact and advance their career with as little as one year of study.
Start date: Varies by program
Current Programs for Children
- Wheelock Family Theatre Education Programs: Wheelock Family Theatre offers camps, playwriting workshops, and a variety of other programs for children interested in theatre arts.
- Target Audience: Children age 5-18
- STEM Summer Camp: This fun and innovative annual summer camp features excursions to Boston-area companies, organizations, or field sites that highlight a variety of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) disciplines and a related classroom lab activity led by STEM professionals.
- Target Audience: Students entering 8th and 9th grade
- Write Now @ Wheelock Summer Camp: This summer camp fosters creative writing skills through a variety of writing workshops led by Wheelock faculty, plus excursions to literary sites around Greater Boston.
- Target Audience: Students entering 8th - 10th grade