Getting a Massachusetts ID or License | International Student Services
To apply for a Massachusetts ID card or license, bring the following documents with you to a Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV or DMV) office. Click here to find the nearest Registry office.
- I-94 Number
- To retrieve electronic I-94 online, visit the I-94 website, complete the required information, then print the form.
- Proof of Enrollment letter
- Proof of Address
- Any official document with your name and current Massachusetts address (phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement, etc.)
- Proof of Signature
- A separate document showing your signature
- Social Security Number
- If you do not have a Social Security Number, you must get a Denial Letter that states that you do not have a Social Security Number. This letter can be obtained at the Social Security Administration office at: 10 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114.