Community Service and Civic Engagement Advisory
Inspired by its mission, to improve the lives of children and families, Wheelock College engages in scholarship and service that enhances the vitality of families, communities and societies.
Through active engagement and collaboration, Wheelock discovers capacity building techniques for achieving the collective objectives of communities and stakeholders. In recognizing this commitment to service, Wheelock is guided by three principles:
- The institutional mission: to improve the lives of children and families.
- The application of scholarship towards identifying areas of opportunity and collaboratively designing capacity building efforts.
- The integration of hands-on experience into academic programs with measurable benefits to students and communities.
Guided by these principles, Wheelock College's definition of Service and Civic Engagement demonstrates its dedication to realizing transformative change and rousing dynamic leadership in all members of local, national and international communities.
Institutional Definition: Service and Civic Engagement
- Service and academic learning that are inspired through a committed relationship and collaborative dialogue between communities and the college.
- A belief in sharing goals and joint problem-solving in order to arrive at mutually beneficial outcomes for the enhancement of learning experiences.
- All efforts are focused on improving the lives of children and families in local, national and international communities.