Victims' Bill of Rights
For sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.
- The accuser and the accused have the same opportunity to have others present throughout disciplinary proceedings.
- Both parties shall be informed of the outcome of any disciplinary proceeding. At no time can a victim be required to keep the outcome confidential.
- Survivors shall be informed of their options to notify law enforcement. Survivors shall be notified of counseling services available both on and off campus.
- Survivors shall be notified of options for changing academic and living situations.
The Campus Sexual Assault Victims' Bill of Rights requires all colleges and universities (both public and private) participating in federal student aid programs afford sexual assault victims certain basic rights.
The "Campus Sexual Assault Victims' Bill of Rights exists as a part of the campus security reporting requirements commonly known as the Jeanne Clery Act of the federal law that establishes all student aid programs, the Higher Education Act of 1965.
The Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA), signed into law March 7, 2014, imposes new obligations on colleges and universities under its Campus Sexual Violence Act "SaVE Act provision, section 304.
Resources on Campus
|Campus Safety||210 The Riverway||617-879-2151|
|Health Services||133 Brookline Avenue||617-421-1196|
|Residence Life and Housing||37 Pilgrim Road||617-879-2108|
|Campus Spiritual Life||150 The Riverway||617-879-2185|
|Counseling Center||37 Pilgrim Road||617-879-2410|
|Student Life||37 Pilgrim Road||617-879-2100|
Resources off Campus
- Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN): 1-800-656-HOPE(4673)
- Boston Police Department, Sexual Assault Division: 911 or 617-343-4400
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center: 617-667-7000 - ask for the Emergency Room/S.A.N.E. Nurse
- Brigham and Women's Hospital: 617-732-5640
- Center for Violence Prevention and Recovery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center: 617-667-8141
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center ( BARCC): 617-492-Rape/(1-800-841-8371), 24-hour confidential hotline
- Fenway Community Health Center's Violence Recovery Center: 617-927-6250 (after 5:00pm or on the weekends call 877-785-2020)