“Wheelock goes the extra mile to make sure I succeed.”
At Wheelock, everyone—from professors to advisers to residence hall staff—is committed to helping you succeed.
A close-knit community and small classes foster one-on-one relationships between professors and students. "Professors encourage you to call them by their first name, give you their personal email address, and will make time to meet with you outside their regular office hours," explains Ashley Armstrong '10, a human development major.
Wheelock offers a variety of resources and services to support you and help you make the most of your education. In fact, Wheelock is one of just a few colleges to have a number of integrated departments working together to ensure your success.
- A First-Year Experience program helps ensure your smooth transition into college life
- Writing Center consultants will help you choose a paper topic, make an outline, or revise a draft
- Academic skills coaches will help you with time management, study skills, or test-taking strategies
- At the Resource Center, you can use and borrow a wide range of materials you might utilize when working with children and families-such as games, puppets, hands-on science tools, and software
- The Center for Career and Professional Development will help you explore career options and conduct a job search
- Disability Services ensures that all students can actively participate in every facet of college life
Sherard Robbins '11, a transfer student and aspiring children's lawyer, advises, "Don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone is so helpful here, from peers to staff. Someone will give you a hand, that's a definite."