Congratulations on your acceptance to Wheelock College!
Wheelock College is committed to providing a smooth and supportive transfer experience for our new students. We enroll transfer students from a wide range of two and four year colleges, but all of these students share Wheelock's mission to improve the lives of children and families. Wheelock's size means that you'll experience small classes and will be able to easily interact with your professors. We encourage you to become part of this close-knit community as you adjust to a new environment.
Transfer Advising Day
Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 2 - 7 p.m.
Transfer Advising Day is a one-day advising and registration program designed to prepare new students for their transition to Wheelock College.
Whether you are transferring after one semester or a few years, Transfer Advising Day will provide you with valuable information that will help you become better acquainted with our campus, community, academic programs, and the resources available to you.
At Transfer Advising Day you can expect to:
- Become familiar with college programs and resources
- Attend workshops that will prepare you to begin your Wheelock College journey
- Learn about the academic opportunities at Wheelock College and declare your major(s)
- Meet with an academic advisor, discuss your transfer credit, create your schedule, and register for fall courses
- Connect with other transfer students
Your Next Steps:
- If you haven't already done so, you need to inform Admissions of your plans to attend Wheelock College by returning your enrollment paperwork and deposit.
- Once your deposit is received, you will receive information about registering for Transfer Advising Day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Must I attend Transfer Advising Day?
A: Yes, all transfer students are required to attend the full program during their chosen session. All students participating in Transfer Advising Day will need to attend the entire program in order to register for classes at the end of the session.
Q: How long is the program?
A: Check-in begins at 1:30 p.m. and the program is scheduled to end around 7 p.m.
Q: What do I need to do before coming to Transfer Advising Day?
A: Make sure all your FINAL transcripts have been sent to Wheelock College; Review the packet of materials from the advising office (arriving in early June); Develop a list of questions you would like answered while you are on-campus.
Q: Can my parent(s) or other family members attend Transfer Advising Day?
A: There is not a program for friends and family during Transfer Advising Day. All of the sessions are for students only. If your guest(s) are looking for things to do in the area, please refer to our Boston Page for suggestions.
Q: What if I cannot attend Transfer Advising Day?
A: Transfer Advising Day will provide crucial academic information for new transfer students. If you are unable to attend the program, you will not be able to register for fall classes until August. Please contact the Office of Student Success immediately should you have a conflict with attending the program.