June 10, 2012 - 1pm to 5pm
NCRA/MTA Amity PDP Program
The National Center for Race Amity (NCRA) at Wheelock College and the Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) have collaborated to offer a unique PDP program for the 2011-2012 school year. The NCRA/MTA Amity PDP Program offers two optional learning experiences. Both include attendance at National Race Amity Conference, May 18-19, 2012 at Wheelock.
Option I - $295
10 PDPs will be earned through a learning and service component.
- Attend Amity Ambassador Orientation/Forum sessions at the National Center for Race Amity on Monday, April 23rd and Wednesday, May 2nd both running from 4:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M.
- Attend Friday, May 25 at 7:30 P.M., performance of Xernona and the Grand Dragon X in the Wheelock Family Theatre. Admission to the play is in included in the PDP fee.
- The service component will involve Teacher Ambassadors organizing a one (1) hour field activity in their school that will be open to the community. This field service activity will involve showing the short documentary Race Amity: America’s Other Tradition and disseminating information on the 2012 Metro Boston Race Amity Celebration on the Rose Kennedy Greenway, June 10, 2012.
- The final part of the learning component will be attending and participating in a minimum of one day at the National Race Amity Conference on May 18 or 19. Capacity is limited and registration for the Teacher Ambassador PDP option I closes April 15th, 2012.
Option II - $375
General Conference participant at the National Race Amity Conference, May 18th and 19th.
- Participate in the full conference on both Friday and Saturday for five (5) hours each day totaling 10 hours. Capacity is open. Registration for General Conference PDPs closes April 15, 2012.
Certificates of Completion
Individuals who complete the NCRA/MTA Amity PDP Program at the Wheelock College Professional Development Program, and who complete all necessary requirements of said program, will receive Certificates of Completion indicating the earned PDPs. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-879-2025.