Videos and DVDs
How to Search for Videos and DVDs
In the box below, add the term “videorecording” to your search terms
Hints for better searching
- Keep your search terms brief and general: children hospital videorecording instead of treatment of children in hospitals videorecording.
- Use an asterisk (*) to search for several similar words at once: child* videorecording will return video and DVD results containing child, child's, children, and children’s.
- For more targeted searches, use quotation marks to search for words together: “child welfare” videorecording will only return results where those words appear as a phrase.
About the Collection
The Library and Earl Center have three physical DVD/VHS collections, and offers access to several online streaming video collections. The titles in these collections support the College curriculum.
- Floor 2: main collection, circulate for 7 days to current Wheelock students, faculty, and staff only
- Floor 1: behind the Service Desk, high-demand collection, circulate for 24 hours to current Wheelock students, faculty, and staff only
- Earl Center: children's collection, circulate for 21 days to current Wheelock students, faculty, and staff only
Online streaming collections
Requesting Videos and DVDs (faculty and staff only)
The Library offers current Wheelock College faculty and staff the opportunity to reserve videos and DVDs from our physical collection for classes, presentations, or for preview. To submit your request, you may fill out the Video Request Form or call the Library directly at 617-879-2222.