Library CompactThe Wheelock College Library works hard to serve the diverse academic needs of the community.
A welcoming environment where you can study and collaborate.What this means
- Floors dedicated to quiet study and collaborative work
- Headphones available to Wheelock patrons at the Service Desk
- Staff present to maintain the Library environment, including Quiet Zones
- Be respectful of those around you and keep conversations quiet
- Take your cell phone conversations to the stairway or out of the Library
- Wear headphones when watching videos or listening to music
- Use the following areas for collaborative work:
- Floors 1, 1M, 2, 2M and 3
- Conference/group study rooms on 2M and 3M
- Basement computer labs on the Lower Level
- Use the Quiet Zones on the following floors for individual study:
- 3M, 4, 4M
- Help us keep the Library clean - there are trash receptacles and recycling bins throughout the building. As they say: "Pitch in!"
- Keep an eye on personal property, and report any lost items you find
- Let us know if you feel someone is not meeting these expectations
Access to Library resources and assistance from Library staff membersWhat this means
- Library materials and spaces that are clean and easy to find
- Staff presence to assist you with your resource needs
- Multiple ways to contact staff and send feedback
- Treat Library items with care
- Return all circulating items by their due dates
- Keep reserves, headphones and other in-Library-use items in the Library
- Instead of re-shelving items yourself, bring them to the Service Desk and we will gladly put them away for you
- Save personal files to a portable storage device, not on Library computers
- Help us go green by printing and copying only what you need for class
Print out a version of the Library Compact (pdf).
For the complete Wheelock College Library Code of Conduct, visit the Service Desk or the Library's Code of Conduct page.