Academic Resources comprises the learning resources and services available in the Library and the Earl Center for Learning and Innovation at Wheelock College.
Enriching learning experiences to improve lives.
- We hold information to be a human right and therefore believe in unfettered and equitable access to it.
- We see education as a process of empowerment, and we enable our students' discovery of their own agency in the world.
- We embrace diversity and practice mutual respect in our interactions with all members of the College community.
- We promote information literacy practices and dispositions that translate to life beyond the classroom.
Academic Resources is guided by a strategic plan [.PDF], which provides an important focus for all our endeavors to:
- Engage with learning and teaching.
- Envision spaces that address the integrated and evolving building, patron, and content resource needs in support of learning, teaching, and scholarship.
- Engage in conversations with the broader Wheelock College community, and develop clear messages.
- Establish a holistic and systematic assessment and knowledge management framework.
"Information Literacy is the set of integrated abilities encompassing the reflective discovery of information, the understanding of how information is produced and valued, and the use of information in creating new knowledge and participating ethically in communities of learning." <ahref="http://www.ala.org/acrl/standards/ilframework">
Information Literacy instruction addresses the foundational elements of academic research while guiding students to a conceptual understanding of information, research, and scholarship. At the Wheelock College Library, we place students at the center of their own research through active learning techniques that emphasize student inquiry.
Collection Development Policies
For the Wheelock College Library, Archives, and Earl Center Collection Development Policies, please see the following documents:
To learn about what you can expect from the Library and what we expect of you, please see the Library Compact.
Code of Conduct
For the complete Wheelock College Library Code of Conduct please visit the Service Desk or see the Code of Conduct page.