We promote the exploration of diverse cultural, ideological and global perspectives to enrich learning, research and practice.
- We support lifelong, active learning experiences
- We believe in and share Wheelock College’s commitment to community, collaboration and social justice
- We deliver responsive, knowledgeable service
The Wheelock College Library is guided by the Academic Resources Strategic Plan, which provides an important focus for all our endeavors in:
- transforming the Library and Earl Center spaces into inclusive centers for learning aligned with the needs of students, faculty, staff, and partners
- ensuring that students and faculty have access to quality information resources and tools anytime, anywhere
- engaging in purposeful and meaningful collaborations and communications with the Wheelock Community
- ensuring that staffing, organization, policy, and practice enable implementations of Wheelock and Academic Resources goals
Every year, the Wheelock College Library, with its partner, the Earl Center for Learning and Innovation, produces a report that highlights the strategic goals and action items we've accomplished.
At the Wheelock College Library, Information Literacy is about promoting habits of life-long, self-directed learning that enable our students to "recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information."  Information Literacy instruction addresses the foundational elements of academic research. Using an active learning approach, it emphasizes the role of inquiry, evaluation, and decision-making in the use of information resources, and fosters strategic and critical thinking about the research process.
To learn about what you can expect from the Library and what we expect of you, please see the Library Compact.
Code of Conduct
For the complete Wheelock College Library Code of Conduct please visit the Service Desk or see the Code of Conduct page.