Academic Resources comprises the learning resources and services available in the Library and the Earl Center for Learning and Innovation at Wheelock College.
Enriching learning experiences to improve lives.
- We hold information to be a human right and therefore believe in unfettered and equitable access to it.
- We see education as a process of empowerment, and we enable our students' discovery of their own agency in the world.
- We embrace diversity and practice mutual respect in our interactions with all members of the College community.
- We promote information literacy practices and dispositions that translate to life beyond the classroom.
Academic Resources is guided by a strategic plan, which provides an important focus for all our endeavors in:
- transforming the Library and Earl Center spaces into inclusive centers for learning aligned with the needs of students, faculty, staff, and partners
- ensuring that students and faculty have access to quality information resources and tools anytime, anywhere
- engaging in purposeful and meaningful collaborations and communications with the Wheelock Community
- ensuring that staffing, organization, policy, and practice enable implementations of Wheelock and Academic Resources goals
Every year, Academic Resources produces a report that highlights the strategic goals and action items we've accomplished.
At the Wheelock College Library, Information Literacy is about promoting habits of life-long, self-directed learning that enable our students to "recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information."  Information Literacy instruction addresses the foundational elements of academic research. Using an active learning approach, it emphasizes the role of inquiry, evaluation, and decision-making in the use of information resources, and fosters strategic and critical thinking about the research process.
Collection Development Policies
For the Wheelock College Library, Archives, and Earl Center Collection Development Policies, please see the following documents:
To learn about what you can expect from the Library and what we expect of you, please see the Library Compact.
Code of Conduct
For the complete Wheelock College Library Code of Conduct please visit the Service Desk or see the Code of Conduct page.