Library Renovation Enhances Study & Research
March 22, 2010
A welcoming study space and vital source of information, the Wheelock College Library has long been an indispensible resource for the Wheelock community. As a result, when plans to update the state-of-the-art facility were in development, minimizing any service disruption was of the essence. The Library staff thus orchestrated a complete overhaul of the library... in one month's time! When students returned from winter break, they found a thoroughly updated Library which now features:
• New Technology: With 19 new iMac computers, a quick-service kiosk and additional outlets for laptop users, the library now offers unprecedented access to on-line resources.
• Service Desk: The Reference and Circulation desks have consolidated in this convenient new, centrally-located area.
• More Seating: Numerous stuffed chairs have been added to accommodate increased traffic and make study and break time both productive and comfortable.
• Study Room: In addition to the conference room previously available, a Group Study Room has been added for those working on a team project or exam.
• Form & Function: An open layout, improved lighting and vibrant palette have been added for the visitor's comfort.
To learn more, please visit the library's website.