Barbara Rosenquest Receives Ladd Award
May 23, 2013
Dr. Barbara Rosenquest, Wheelock Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education, received the 2013 Edward H. Ladd Award for Excellence and Service. The prestigious award recognizes an outstanding member of the Wheelock College tenured faculty for their commitment and contributions to the mission of the College.
The award is a tribute to Ted Ladd, who has served on the Wheelock College Board of Trustees for more than 25 years, having chaired the Board for 10 of those years. In honor of his service to Wheelock and his commitment to Wheelock faculty, his family and friends created this senior faculty award in his honor.
Dr. Rosenquest was singled out as a faculty member and leader who demonstrates extraordinary dedication to academic excellence and to service at Wheelock College.
Wheelock Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Joan Gallos, who presented the award, described Dr. Rosenquest as the personification of the criteria for this award, saying she is:
- The embodiment of our mission and our work to inspire a world of good.
- A leader in defining meaningful service and its significance for the Wheelock community.
- A professional dedicated to the intellectual and emotional development of her students, in and out of the classroom.
- A true believer in our students and in their ability to learn, to serve, to grow, and to lead.
- A teacher devoted to improving the world of teacher education, the care and education of our children, infants and toddlers.
- A collaborator with colleagues, community partners, students, and campus administrators.
- A model of strength, grace, and tenacity when facing adversity whether it is her own, a student's, a colleague's, a stranger's, or a city's—as in this case, the city of New Orleans.
"Our community is richer and livelier for this year's recipient—and our students very lucky," Dr. Gallos said. "And the wonderful part, we look forward to her presence as a colleague and leader on our campus for many years to come."