Cornerstone Society for Leadership Giving
Contact for Leadership Giving
Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Membership in the Cornerstone Society consists of generous alumni and friends who make an annual contribution of $1,250 or more to Wheelock College. These gifts are critical, as more than 90 percent of our current students need some form of financial assistance in order to attend Wheelock.
Leadership donors are a group of exceptional people. These generous individuals and the students they help are the cornerstone of Wheelock's future. As the College community works to fulfill its mission to improve the lives of children and families, Cornerstone Society members preserve the vision of our founder, Lucy Wheelock.
- Our graduates have an immediate impact on their communities. For example, some recent alums are working as a social worker for a large social service agency, creating a child life program at a local hospital, and coordinating an after-school educational enrichment program that serves elementary school children.
- Wheelock's enrollment continues to grow, with a goal of 1,081 undergraduates on campus by 2013. In the fall of 2008, Wheelock welcomed the largest first-year class in the history of the College.
- Wheelock is attracting a very talented and diverse group of students from many parts of the country. A snapshot of the 295 members of the Class of 2014, the largest incoming class in the College's history, includes high school class presidents, National Honor Society members, valedictorians, peer leaders, service learning trip organizers, and sports captains.
Become a Member
|Lucy Wheelock Benefactors:||$50,000 or more|
|President's Council:||$25,000 to $49,999|
|Wheelock Fellows:||$10,000 to $24,999|
|Froebel Associates||$5,000 to $9,999|
|White and Gold Circle||$2,500 to $4,999|
|1888 Circle||$1,250 to $2,499|
Notes on Determining Membership
- Recognition is based on the total of gifts, pledge payments, and matching gifts received in a single fiscal year (July 1 through June 30). Unpaid pledges are not included.
- Couples are recognized for the combined total of their contributions.
In appreciation of their leadership support, Cornerstone Society members will be invited to special events, such as the Pre-Commencement Dinner and Fall Convocation. They will be acknowledged in the Annual Report of Giving and will receive the novel selected by faculty for students entering Wheelock. Periodic updates and letters from the President will keep members abreast of issues of importance at the College.
Many companies have matching gift programs as part of their corporate philanthropy strategy and will match their employees' contributions to charitable organizations. Inquire with your employer about this opportunity. A matching gift can double your impact and will count toward your membership in the Cornerstone Society.
Make a gift to the Annual Fund online.
For information about making a gift of stock, please go our Making a Gift of Stock Page.