Wheelock World Service Week
April 10-18, 2016
"The one thing that makes life worth living is to serve a cause."
- Lucy Wheelock
Registration is now open for Wheelock World Service Week! Show your commitment to improving the lives of children and families by volunteering with the Wheelock community. There are 18 projects and counting. Feel free to join one of the projects listed below or create your own. You can even do your own service in your home community, just be sure you report back to us.
Your service activity can be as big or as small as you want to make it. Feel free to contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 617-879-2328 with any questions. Visit the 2016 Project page for more detailed information about the current projects.
Click the Sign Up for a Project link on the right to register:
- Healthy Kids Festival at the Children's Museum in Boston, MA
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC) Walk for Change in Brighton, MA
- Reach out and Read Book Drive in New Albany, Ohio
- Be The Match - National Bone Marrow Donor Registration Drive in Memory of Sophie Rossi at Wheelock College
- Riverview High School - Pitter Patter of Little Readers in Sarasota, FL
- Women's Lunch Place in Boston, MA
- A Musical Adventure at Horizons for Homeless Children
- Making Music at Franciscan Hospital for Children in Brighton, MA
- Service with City Year: Making Resource Kits for BPS Students at Wheelock College
- Wildcats Read at the MGH Children's Center in Charlestown, MA
- Wildcats Read at the Radcliffe Child Care Center in Cambridge, MA
- Wildcats Read at the LEO Head Start Program in Lynn, MA
- Intergenerational Music and Art at the Rogerson House in Boston, MA
- Mattahunt Community Center in Mattapan, MA
- Middlesex Fells Cleanup in Stoneham, MA
- Singapore Project
- Project Bread's Walk for Hunger in Boston, MA
- Wheelock Food Drive, Boston, MA
We're asking participants to count the hours they served during WWSW so we can measure the overall impact of this important event. Fill out our Service Log Form and make sure your hours count! If you participated in one of the highlighted projects or one of your own, let us know. Every act of kindness counts. We would also love to hear how you are serving your community during other times of the year. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any news or photos.