Undergraduate Tuition and Scholarships
An excellent undergraduate education is a lifelong investment in yourself. Who you become as a person and a professional will be shaped by not only a strong education in the classroom and real-world experience in the field, but also through the mentors, peers, and connections you make during this time. Wheelock College tries to make our high-quality, private education accessible to as many students as possible, and our Office of Financial Aid works with all students and their families to develop plans for achieving their educational goals.
Wheelock annually awards more than $18 million in financial assistance, $10.7 million of which is provided directly by Wheelock as scholarships, grants, and loans. Additional assistance is distributed from federal and state sources. Please visit our financial aid page for more information.
Current Wheelock scholarships and grants include:
- First-year merit scholarships: $14,000-19,000/year
- First-year grants: $12,000/year (for all first-year students not receiving a merit scholarship)
- Lucy Wheelock Scholarships: $2,000/year (for first-year U.S. citizens or permanent residents from outside of Massachusetts; this scholarship was formerly called the Travel Grant)
- Transfer merit scholarships: $7,000-14,500/year
- Passion for Action Scholarships: $20,000/year (for outstanding students from the Greater Boston area only)
- City Year Scholarships: $15,000/year (for City Year corps alumni)
Tuition and Fees
Full-time, full-year Academic Program 2017-2018
Tuition: $34,950 (12-20 credits)
Room and Board: $14,975
2017 Summer Classes
Tuition: $640 per undergraduate credit / $2,560 per 4-credit undergraduate class
For more information about ways to make Wheelock affordable, please visit our Undergraduate Financial Aid web pages.