Resources for International Students
There are many resources across Boston that support international students who are attending college in the area. A list of some of these resources is presented below:
- Largest program affiliated with the Chinatown Committee.
- Provides several levels of free English instruction during school year and over summer.
Boston Public Library ESL Conversation Groups
- Practice speaking English with other ESL students and new English speakers.
- Groups led by a native English speaker.
East Boston Ecumenical Community Council
- Neighborhood-based organization that promotes the advancement of Latino immigrants of all ages through education, services, advocacy, community organizing, and leadership development.
- Build support networks and acquire information and skills to achieve their own goals.
La Alianza Hispana
- Community-based non-profit organization.
- Serves the Latino community and all residents of the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Empower individuals and families, strengthens communities and develops leaders through high-quality education and social services, advocacy and community organizing.
- Organization with priority focus on Latino youth.
- Provides a comprehensive, community responsive array of programs designed to empower Latino youth and their families.
The Irish Immigration Center
- Founded in 1989 to meet the needs of the Irish immigrant population.
- Provides legal advice, information, advocacy, referrals and support for immigrants on issues relating to immigration, employment, citizenship, housing and social services.
- Committed to building bridges of understanding and cooperation across cultures, fighting racism and discrimination, advocating for the rights of all immigrants and working in collaboration with other organizations.
Russian American Cultural Center of Boston
- Non-profit educational corporation devoted to the historical research and cultural programming that promote mutual understanding and appreciation between Russians and Americans.
- Provides access to available humanitarian resources that help individuals and families with ties from Russia participate effectively in their communities.