Guidance Counselor Resources
Professional Development for College Advising
Wheelock hosted a series of professional development opportunities for high school guidance counselors, independent education consultants, college access and readiness organizations, and others who support the college-going aspirations of students. These free sessions, run by noted regional and national presenters covered the following topics:
- "Understanding Diversity and Inclusion on the College Campus," featuring Dr. Joe-Joe McManus, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion and Senior Associate, Kingston Bay Group
- "The Influence of Technology and Social Media on Today's College Admissions," featuring Jeremi Karnell, Partner at Montext and CEO of bigSTORY (Austin, TX)
- "The Affordability and College Readiness Equation," featuring Richard Doherty, President, Association of Independent Colleges and Universities in Massachusetts (AICUM)
Watch the videos to see some session highlights.
Wheelock seeks passionate students who want to facilitate social change and work to improve the lives of children and families. Please explore our website to learn more about our programs and the value of a Wheelock education.
About Wheelock College
- Quick Facts about Wheelock
- Field Experience - Hands-on learning is at the core of the Wheelock curriculum.
- Our Mission and History - Inspiring a world of good since 1888.
- Undergraduate Majors - An overview of our undergraduate fields of study.
- The Colleges of the Fenway - Learn about our Fenway consortium program.
- How to Apply - Applying is free through either the Wheelock Online Application or the Common App.
- Tuition Information
- Financing a Wheelock education - Instructions on how to apply for financial aid.
- Scholarships and Grant information
December 1: Early Action (nonbinding). Notification of admissions decision sent around December 20
March 1: Regular Decision. Rolling applications are accepted January 1-March 1. Notification of admission decision usually sent 3-4 weeks after all application materials have been received.
February 15: FAFSA priority filing date
May 1: Enrollment form and tuition deposit deadline
Wheelock School Codes
- College Board: 3964
- ACT: 1934
- FAFSA: 002228
Wheelock hosts a variety of visits for both guidance counselors and prospective students. Given our location down the street from Fenway Park, a visit to Wheelock is an excellent opportunity to explore not only our campus, but also the history, culture, and entertainment offerings that are right outside our door.
In the Area? Stop by! If you are traveling to Boston, we'd love for you to visit us. You can take a campus tour, attend an information session, or meet with a counselor. Give us a call at 617-879-2206 or email us at email@example.com. You can also learn more about Our Admissions Team.
Counselor Visit Day: In February 2014 we will be holding an exciting event for counselors. This half-day program is designed to give counselors a chance to learn more about Wheelock and includes a tour, admissions overview, lunch, and panels with students, faculty, alumni, and staff. Please call 617-879-2206 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Group Visits: Wheelock offers group visit opportunities to high schools and other organizations. To request a group visit, please call us at 617-879-2206.
Undergraduate Events: The best way for prospective students to learn about Wheelock is to visit our campus. Please encourage your students to attend one of our Admissions Events.