International Student Application Process
If you are interested in applying to ONCAMPUS Boston, Wheelock's college prep partnership with Cambridge Education Group, please visit the ONCAMPUS Boston website.
Wheelock College Admissions Requirements:
- Wheelock Online Application (no fee to apply)
- Essay (included in the Wheelock Application)
- Official high school transcripts. If your transcripts are not in English, they must be translated into English by a recognized agency such as World Education Services or Education Credentials Evaluators. Applicants must provide a course-by-course evaluation of their transcripts.
- Official college transcripts (if applicable), translated into English by a recognized agency.
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Teacher/professor recommendation
- Official SAT Scores (only if English is your native language; SAT code=3964)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (if English is not your native language). The minimum TOEFL score is 79 iBT or 550 PBT; the minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Provide financial certification. International Applicants must complete the Financial Verification Form to show evidence of their ability to pay educational and living expenses while studying in the US. The documentation must demonstrate ability to pay the annual cost of approximately $47,360 and be certified by a bank seal. All documents must be in English and documented in U.S. Dollars. The U.S. Consulate will require the same documentation; we suggest you obtain two (2) original letters, one for your records and one for us. We will not accept photocopies or faxes of financial documentation.
Please send supplementary materials (transcripts, recommendations, etc.) to:
Boston, MA 02215
Once your application is complete, admissions will notify you in writing of the decision. If you are accepted for admission, you should plan to submit your enrollment deposit as soon as possible. After receipt of your enrollment deposit, your file will be forwarded to the Office of Student Success who will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status (SEVIS Form I-20) for a program of study at Wheelock College.
International students may qualify for partial merit scholarships, but Wheelock does not grant full scholarships. Need-based financial aid is not available to international students. More information is available here.
Wheelock has rolling admissions where acceptances are offered on an ongoing basis until the class is filled. You will be notified of a decision within four weeks of completing the application. We are still accepting applications for Fall 2014.
International students must obtain a student visa to enter the United States to attend Wheelock. This process requires additional paperwork and is explained in detail on our Student Visa Information page.
Video Essay (optional)
You can take the optional opportunity to share your voice and help the admissions team get to know you better. Be creative!
Wheelock College prepares students to make a difference in the world, but the work they do is not easy. It requires passion, determination, inner strength, and perseverance. Please submit a brief (2-4 minute) video essay that shows how you plan to inspire a world of good.
Please upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Tumblr. If you submit a video essay, please email email@example.com with your full name and the link to your video. By submitting a video essay, you grant permission for your video to be viewed by the admissions team and the general public.
Wheelock College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.