International Student Application Process
If you are interested in applying to ONCAMPUS Boston, Wheelock's college prep partnership with Cambridge Education Group, please visit the ONCAMPUS Boston website.
International Student Application Requirements:
- Wheelock's Online Undergraduate Application or the Common Application.
- Official high school transcripts. If your transcripts are not in English, they must be translated by a certified translation service. Additionally, applicants must provide a course-by-course evaluation of their transcripts via a NACES-member evaluation company.
- Official college transcripts (if applicable), translated into English with a course-by-course evaluation if the institution is outside of the U.S.
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably one from a teacher and one from your school counselor)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score report (if English is not your native language). The minimum TOEFL score is 79 iBT or 550 PBT; the minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Financial certification. Upon acceptance, International Applicants must complete the Financial Verification Form to show evidence of their ability to pay educational and living expenses while studying in the US. The documentation must demonstrate ability to pay the annual cost and be certified by a bank seal. Accepted International students will receive the Financial Verification Form in their acceptance packet. All documents must be in English and documented in U.S. Dollars. The U.S. Consulate will require the same documentation; we suggest you obtain two (2) original letters, one for your records and one for us. We will not accept photocopies or faxes of financial documentation.
Please email supplementary materials (transcripts, recommendations, etc.) to email@example.com.
You may also mail materials to:
Boston, MA 02215
If you are accepted for admission, you should plan to submit your enrollment deposit as soon as possible. After receipt of your enrollment deposit, your file will be forwarded to the Office of Student Success who will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status (SEVIS Form I-20) for a program of study at Wheelock College.
International students may qualify for partial merit scholarships, but Wheelock does not grant full scholarships. Unfortunately, need-based financial aid is not available to international students. More information is available here.
Admissions Deadlines and More Info
Wheelock has non-binding Early Action admissions for first year students who want to receive their decision before winter break. The Early Action application deadline is December 1.
Wheelock has a February 15 priority application deadline followed by rolling admissions where acceptances are offered on an ongoing basis until the class is filled. You will be notified of a decision within four weeks of completing the application.
Obtaining a student visa and entering the U.S.
International students must obtain a student visa to enter the United States to attend Wheelock. This process requires additional paperwork and is explained in detail on our Student Visa Information page.
SAT or ACT
Beginning with 2017 applicants, Wheelock College will be following a "Test-Optional" admissions policy. If you have already taken the SAT* or ACT, feel free to send those scores to us (SAT code=3964; ACT code=1934). If students elect not to send scores, they will not be penalized.
* For 2017 applicants, Wheelock will accept both the new SAT and the old SAT. We will compare your scores using "concordance tables" provided by the College Board to determine your highest scores on either the new SAT or the old SAT.
Wheelock College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.