First Year Student Application Process
- Common Application (paper or online).
- Common Application Supplement.
- A check for $15 payable to Wheelock College for the paper application only. Applying using the online Common Application is free.
- Official High School Transcript (must include at least first quarter senior grades)
- College Essay
- Guidance Counselor Recommendation
- Academic Recommendation
- SAT and/or ACT Scores (Wheelock's SAT CEEB code is 3964 and ACT code is 1934)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (if English is not your native language)
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Assistance) if you wish to apply for financial aid. Instructions can be found at the financial aid web page.
Regular Decision/Rolling Admissions
Wheelock uses rolling decision, and students will be notified of a decision within four weeks of completing their application.
First year students who are interested in learning about their admission decision early in the application cycle may apply under the Early Action Plan. Students must submit their application and credentials by the December 1 deadline and are notified of the admission decision by January 1. The tuition deposit must be submitted by May 1.
Admissions and Financial Aid Deadlines:
- Early Action: December 1
- Regular Decision Priority Deadline (Rolling Admission): March 1 (applications will continue to be accepted on a space available basis)
- Financial Aid (FAFSA) Priority Deadline: February 15
- January Semester Start: November 15
Interviewing at Wheelock
Interviews are not required but are encouraged as part of the admissions process. This is an opportunity to discuss your particular educational and life experiences, as well as your goals. To set up an interview please contact the Office of Admissions at 617-879-2206 or fill out our online registration form.