First Year Student Application Process
- Common Application (applying online is free)
- Essay (included in the Common Application)
- Guidance counselor recommendation
- Teacher/professor recommendation
- Official high school transcripts (must include first quarter senior grades)
- SAT or ACT score (SAT code=3964; ACT code=1934)
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if you wish to apply for financial aid. Please read the instructions here.
Please send supplementary materials (transcripts, recommendations, etc.) to:
Boston, MA 02215
We highly encourage students to apply Early Action. If you submit your application and credentials by December 1, you will be notified of the admission decision before December 24. The deadline for submitting the decision and tuition deposit is May 1.
Regular Decision/Rolling Admissions
After the Early Action deadline, Wheelock has rolling admissions where acceptances are offered on an ongoing basis until the class is filled. You will be notified of a decision within four weeks of completing the application. We give priority to applications submitted by March 1.
Admissions and Financial Aid Deadlines:
- Early Action: December 1
- Regular Decision Priority: March 1 (applications will continue to be accepted while space is available)
- FAFSA Priority: February 15
- January Semester Enrollee: November 15 (Wheelock accepts a small number of students to begin in the January term; please contact the Admissions Office if interested)
Video Essay (optional)
You can take the optional opportunity to share your voice and help the admissions team get to know you better. Be creative!
Wheelock College prepares students to make a difference in the world, but the work they do is not easy. It requires passion, determination, inner strength, and perseverance. Please submit a brief (2-4 minute) video essay that tells us how you want to inspire a world of good.
Please upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Tumblr. If you submit a video essay, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and the link to your video. By submitting a video essay, you grant permission for your video to be viewed by the admissions team and the general public.
Conversations with an Admissions Representative
We want to get to know you as an individual, and the best way to do this is for us to sit down and have a conversation. We therefore encourage you to schedule a time to meet with us. Appointments can be arranged Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m; these can also be conducted via Skype or phone if you cannot come to Boston. Please contact us at 617-879-2206 or fill out our online registration form.