Passion for Action Scholarship Nomination Criteria
A student may be nominated by a teacher, guidance counselor, or representative of an organization served by the student. A student may also self-nominate, but his or her nomination form must be completed by a teacher, guidance counselor, or representative of an organization served.
Nominees must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior who demonstrates a record of academic achievement
- Reside in the Greater Boston area
- Apply for admission and be admitted to Wheelock College as a first-year student in the fall semester
- Demonstrate leadership in creating change in his or her community through community service. This may include developing, heading, or implementing new or existing projects or programs that benefit the community, in areas such as the arts, child or elderly services, housing, hunger, health and safety, tutoring, and the environment.
- The leadership activity must be voluntary and not performed as a requirement of an academic or other organizational program.
The nomination deadline has been extended to February 14, 2013 and finalists will be invited for an on-campus interview. Scholarship recipients are notified in early to mid March.