Passion for Action Scholarship Program
The Passion for Action Scholarship (PFAS) supports scholars who learn to nurture and apply their passion in becoming leaders of change in their community, their nation, and the world.
A student must be nominated by a teacher, guidance counselor, or representative of an organization served by the student.
Nominees must meet all of the following criteria:
- Reside in the Greater Boston area
- Be a high school senior who demonstrates a record of academic achievement
- Apply and be admitted to Wheelock College as a first-year student for the fall semester
- Demonstrate leadership in creating change in his or her community through service. This may include developing, leading, or implementing new or existing projects in areas such as education, the arts, child or elderly services, housing, hunger, health and safety, and the environment.
- Leadership activity must be voluntary and not performed as a requirement of an academic or other organizational program.
- The scholarship provides a $20,000 annual award toward Wheelock College tuition.
- Community Service and Service Learning: While attending Wheelock, scholars are expected to work on a self-initiated community service project and also participate in coursework-related service learning experiences.
- The Leadership Seminar: Scholars attend a series of leadership seminars and other related events during each of their four years at Wheelock College.
- Documentation, Reflection, and Presentation: Scholars document their work, reflect on its impact and relevancy, and give presentations on community service and leadership.
How to Apply
wheelock.edu/PFASnomination (The 2014 application deadline has passed.)
Deadline to submit nomination is February 1, 2014
Contact Jessica Reyes in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-879-2119.