How to Apply for Need-Based Financial Aid
Please complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2014-2015
You can complete the form online at www.fafsa.gov
Note: Be sure to list Wheelock College, Federal School Code 002228 on the FAFSA to insure that Wheelock receives the processed results.
Priority deadlines for completing the FAFSA:
Incoming Freshmen - February 15, 2014
Incoming Transfers - April 15, 2014
Returning Students - April 15, 2014
Additional forms may be required if you are selected for federal verification. You will be notified via school correspondence if additional paperwork is necessary.
We recommend filing 2013 federal income tax return(s) electronically before completing the FAFSA to receive the most accurate financial aid package possible. Select the IRS Data Retrieval tool* when filing the FAFSA to transfer 2013 federal income tax return information directly to the FAFSA.
- Tax data should be available through the IRS Data Retrieval process 1-2 weeks after electronically filing 2013 federal income tax return(s).
- If mailing return(s), it can take 6-8 weeks for data to be available through the IRS Data Retrieval process.
- For incoming freshman, if you are not able to file a tax return by February 15, 2014, submit the 2014-2015 FAFSA anyway using estimated tax information.Return to FAFSA website after filing taxes and use the Data Retrieval process to update tax information.
*You are unable to use this IRS Data Retrieval tool option if any of the following apply:
- You are married and filed separately.
- If a parent has a change of marital status after December 31, 2013.
- If anyone filed an amended tax return.