Scholarships and Assistantships
Mon. - Fri., 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wheelock College offers institutional merit scholarships to select newly-enrolling on-campus graduate students. In addition, students can access a variety of partnership organization discounts and private scholarships to help make college affordable. We also offer benefits to veterans through the Yellow Ribbon Graduate Program. We encourage you to investigate the various options for which you may be eligible. Click on the links below to learn more.
Students interested in applying for other forms of Financial Aid are highly encouraged to apply at the time of initial admission application submission. Please visit our How to Apply for Need-Based Financial Aid page. In addition, serious applicants should apply for admission early in order to maximize their chances of receiving a Wheelock Assistantship or Dean's Scholarship. Only accepted students are reviewed for financial assistance.
On-Campus Graduate Scholarships and Assistantships
City Year Graduate Scholarships
Wheelock Scholarships (Dean's Scholarships and Community Scholarships)
Peace Corps Master's International Degree Program
Reading Specialist Master's for Boston Public School Teachers Program
Wheelock offers a limited number of scholarships to new students entering in the spring, summer or fall semesters. Competition for scholarships is rigorous, and many factors go into the selection of recipients. Students are evaluated by the Graduate Admissions Office on a broad foundation of characteristics, including academic performance, letters of reference, resumes, and community service, to name a few. Other factors that may influence the awarding of scholarships include program of study and geography. However, sufficient funds are not available to offer scholarships to every admitted student. To be considered, students must be newly admitted and attending at least half-time (5.0 credits or more per semester). These awards are for one year only and will be applied to your student account during your first academic year. All eligible students will be automatically considered at the time of admission. No separate application is necessary.
- Dean's Scholarships in an amount of up to $10,000 are a one-time award available for first-year students attending at least part-time with an undergraduate grade point average of 3.2 or higher. Applicants are recommended for the award by the Admissions Committee. No separate application is necessary.
- Community Scholarships in an amount of up to $10,000 are a one-time award available for first-year students attending at least part-time who have already shown a commitment to working with children and families in either their professional or volunteer work. Applicants are recommended for the award by the Admissions Committee. No separate application is necessary.
A limited number of on-campus graduate assistantships are available. Assistantships, which are awarded based on academic merit and professional experience, offer students an opportunity to engage in work and research with our graduate faculty and in return receive additional funds. Students can receive up to $10,000. This is a one-time award. Please note the deadline for 2014-2015 is May 1, 2014.
Full-time graduate students who are beginning their program in the summer or fall semester are eligible to apply for this award. Unlike Dean's Scholarships, assistantships require a 10-hour work commitment per week. All applicants must complete their admissions application for their program of study before their assistantship application will be considered. Application review is open until the position is filled.
If you are interested, please complete and submit the Graduate Assistant Application.
You may view and download the job descriptions below:
- Graduate Assistant for the Division of Education, School of Graduate and Professional Programs
- Graduate Assistant for the Division of Social Work, Leadership and Policy
- Graduate Assistant for Social Work Field Education
- Graduate Assistant for the School of Arts & Sciences
- Graduate Assistant for the Office of Academic Affairs
- Graduate Assistant for the Department of Policy and Leadership
- Graduate Assistant for the Office of Government & External Affairs and Strategic Partnership/Mattahunt