How to Apply for Need-Based Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office must receive the following documents before an applicant is reviewed for financial assistance:
- A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Find the 2013-2014 FAFSA here: www.fafsa.gov (Note: Be sure to list Wheelock College, Federal School Code 002228 on the FAFSA to ensure that Wheelock receives the processed results.)
- A completed 2013-2014 Wheelock College Application for Graduate Financial Aid. All graduate students applying for any type of financial assistance must complete all sections of this online form.
- Additional forms may be required if you are selected for federal verification. You will be notified via school correspondence if further paperwork is necessary.
Important Filing Recommendations
For students attending in Summer 2014: We strongly recommend you review our Stafford loan eligibility policies:
Graduate Summer Aid Stafford Loan Eligibility
For all students: We recommend filing 2012 federal income tax return(s) electronically before completing the FAFSA to receive the most accurate financial aid package possible. Select the IRS Data Retrieval tool* when filing the FAFSA to transfer 2012 federal income tax return information directly to the FAFSA.
- Tax data should be available through the IRS Data Retrieval process 1-2 weeks after electronically filing 2012 federal income tax return(s).
- If mailing return(s), it can take 6-8 weeks for data to be available through the IRS Data Retrieval process.
*Please Note: You are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool option if any of the following apply:
- You are married and filed separately.
- If your marital status changed after December 31, 2012.
- If you filed an amended tax return.