Master of Science in Educational Studies: Achieving Excellence in Teaching Math and Science (STEM)
Janet Haden, Program Advisor
Is Online Learning Right for You?
Learn about our technical requirements, our collaborative learning approach, and more:
Online Learning FAQ
Learn more about STEM and the demand for STEM educators:
ABCs of STEM Education
See the full curriculum for the online Masters in Educational Studies program:
Are you ready to inspire a new generation of students in mathematics and science?
Our Master of Science in Educational Studies with a focus on STEM is an online degree emphasizing the teaching of math and science to elementary age children. This online program includes:
- 10 graduate courses (30 credits) that can be completed either in 20 months or in less than a year using our optional accelerated format
- 8-week courses offered consecutively and separated by short breaks
- A focus on both content and pedagogy that gives you the skills needed to get children excited about learning math and science
- Opportunity to complete a master's degree AND two specialized Graduate Certificates in one program of study
A Master's Degree in STEM Education Delivered Online
For elementary teachers, STEM educators, and a host of other STEM-related professions, this program allows you to pursue an advanced degree in STEM education while teaching or working full-time. It also provides a foundation in teaching math and science for anyone involved with STEM topics for elementary-aged children (academic coaches, tutors, museum staff, STEM curriculum developers, and more).
Courses are offered online with no requirement to travel to campus–enabling current teachers to continue their education at a place and time convenient for them. Each 8-week course is $1,785. The total program is $17,850 (at the current cost per credit). Take your next step:
- Learn about our curriculum, what it's like to learn online, or our faculty.
- Learn how to apply. Our next application deadline is August 15. Fall courses begin in early September.
- Learn about financial aid for this program on our graduate financial aid page.
- For more information, contact Janet Haden, Program Advisor, at 617-982-2032 or email@example.com.
A graduate degree for the future, delivered online
As a private, non-profit college founded in 1888, Wheelock College has provided transformational education for well over a century to people passionate about making the world a better place for children and families. Furthermore, Wheelock is internationally recognized as a leader in STEM Education.
Our Master of Science in Educational Studies offers an approach to teaching STEM that considers children's cognitive development and their racial and cultural identities. The program balances the content knowledge and teaching approaches and explores how research (yours and that of others) informs practice. See our our curriculum for more details, including course descriptions.
Here's what recent graduates had to say about the program
"It was a real challenge but well worth the time and effort that went into it! ...As a result of my Master's, I can attribute receiving a $10,000 grant to run a STEM camp this summer along with a new part time position as Math Curriculum Coordinator K-5 for my District. It is exciting the avenues that have already opened up just since May."
Math Curriculum Coordinator, grades K-5
"As a wife, mom of four, and full-time special education teacher, Wheelock College's online Masters in STEM Education program has given me the perfect way to pursue my degree from home, on my own time. The professors are incredibly helpful and the discussion forums are a great way to gain a better understanding of the course topics. This program has made my journey to further my education one that I am incredibly proud to be a part of."
Special Education Teacher- grades K-2
For more information, contact Janet Haden, Program Advisor, at 617-982-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org.