Bachelor's Degree Completion Program
Offered in Boston and Bridgeport, Conn.
The Bachelor's Degree Completion Program is designed for professionals working with children and families who already have an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education. The Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology and Human Development Program provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to be more proficient in their profession. Courses offered at the advanced level help students expand their knowledge base acquired through previous studies and professional experience.
With an emphasis on social justice and cultural diversity, students develop advocacy skills for social change and an improved understanding of children and families from diverse cultures. Students also learn to promote positive partnerships with families and communities, while creating individualized curriculum and content for each child.
Further Your Education and Advance Your Career
The Wheelock College Degree Completion Program enables you to complete your degree from a premier institution with little disruption to your professional and daily life. Graduates of the program earn a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Psychology & Human Development and a minor in Education.
Wheelock has a longstanding reputation for early childhood education and for enhancing professional growth. All classes are taught by experienced Wheelock and adjunct faculty. Classes are small, with some meeting just once a week.
Two Convenient Locations
The program is available in two convenient locations. Choose the one closest to you:
- Wheelock's Boston campus
- The Bridgeport, Conn., campus of Housatonic Community College
Financial aid is available.
Skills You'll Learn
- Creating positive relationships with children and families
- Encouraging children's growth and positive behavior by focusing on their strengths
- Promoting partnerships with families and include them in their children's education
- Developing advocacy for social change
- Understanding children and families of diverse cultures
- Creating individualized curriculum and teaching for each child
- Planning and teaching curriculum in content areas for young children
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- Submit the following required additional documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to Off-Campus Programs, Wheelock College, 200 The Riverway, Boston, MA, 02215
- Official College Transcripts: You must submit official college transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended in the past.
- Writing Sample: Please submit a copy of a graded paper you have written within the last year. It should be a minimum of 250 words. Some examples are literary analysis, a history thesis, or a research paper. If you have been out of school for more than two years, you may submit a personal statement in lieu of the graded writing sample. The personal statement should be 250-400 words in length, explaining why you wish to attend Wheelock College.
- Recommendations: Please have two individuals who know you in a professional or academic context fill out the Reference Form and send it to Wheelock. Click here to download the document.
Request More Information about the Bachelor Degree Completion Program and discover the advantages of a Wheelock education.