Wheelock College's Center for International Programs and Partnerships has the capacity to offer programs leading to associate of science, bachelor of science and master of science degrees. Each degree program leads seamlessly from one level to the next. The Center collaborates with ministries of education and health, universities, junior colleges, trade unions and others to implement state-of-the-art educational programs that are culturally responsive to the needs of the participants. This sequence is customized for each country and allows an individual to study while continuing to work and live in their own country.
The Center facilitates articulation agreements that define transfer policies with international educational institutions including colleges, technical schools and universities. Each local program is thoroughly reviewed and approved in order for learners to transfer their existing academic credits into Wheelock College programs. Distinctive features include:
- Collaborative endeavors with local universities, junior colleges and training agencies
- Offerings tailored to be culturally sensitive and responsive to the needs of each group
- Cohorts of learners who work, study and support one another
- Principles of human and life span development as a foundation
- Fieldwork and/or research components that examine the relationship between theory and practice, the social and environmental forces influencing human development and the pedagogy of teaching and learning
- An emphasis on the development of a Professional Teacher Portfolio and lifelong learning
- Sequenced courses designed to provide a solid educational foundation with a strong focus on program quality
- Flexible program delivery models including selected course resources available online.