International Programs at Wheelock College
Wheelock has a longstanding commitment to developing leaders with passion, vision, and the ability to inspire positive change around the world. In today's global environment, it is more important than ever to connect students to a wide range of cultures and to the pressing issues that affect children and families across the globe.
We are dedicated to ensuring that Wheelock students are well prepared for the global economy and also to bringing Wheelock's expertise to bear in places around the world where we can make a difference. We accomplish this through a variety of programs and initiatives designed to bring the world to Wheelock and to bring Wheelock to the world.
Bringing the World to Wheelock
- Wheelock's Center for International Programs and Partnerships hosts numerous programs each year, including the Presidential International Visiting Scholars series, International Education Week, forums, lectures, and other international education events.
- Wheelock has hosted learners from across the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
- Through our ONCAMPUS Boston partnership with Cambridge Education Group, new international students will focus on academic, English language, and cultural transition courses to prepare them for further study at Wheelock and other American universities.
Bringing Wheelock to the World
- Singapore: For 25+ years, Wheelock has been dedicated to educating early childhood professionals in Singapore. Wheelock provides both Bachelor of Science and Master of Science programs in collaboration with SEED Institute and is proud to announce our new collaboration with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) which will offer the new Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education.
- International Service Learning: Through international service learning trips, Wheelock students and faculty explore the challenges facing children and families around the world. Recent destinations include Haiti, Northern Ireland, Barbados, and Ghana/Benin.
- Peace Corps Partnership: Wheelock is proud to partner with the Peace Corps to offer the Coverdell Fellows Partnership program, which provides graduate school financial assistance to returned Peace Corps Volunteers to serve in a high-need area in the community.
- Study Abroad: Many Wheelock students also study abroad through our affiliation with Colleges of the Fenway's GEO Center, spending a semester or the summer in locations like Florence, Italy; Dublin, Ireland; and Sydney and Newcastle, Australia.