Your Wheelock password protects access to the MyWheelock Portal, email, Moodle, files, workstation, and much more! Keeping it secure is an important responsibility.
What We're Doing to Help Protect You:
- The IT department reviews password policies and trends in password security.
- New users must change their account password before the account can be used.
- Complex password requirements (listed below) are automatically enforced.
- The Helpdesk can only reset passwords after positive identification is provided.
How Can I Protect Myself?
- Never tell anyone else your password. Otherwise, why would we call it yours?
- Choose a password that's easy for you to remember, but hard for someone else to guess. Pet names, birth dates, and the street you grew up on are easy to find on social networking sites so they should be avoided.
- Never write down your password. You wouldn't write your PIN on your ATM card would you?
- Change your password frequently. Why not do it when you change your clock for daylight savings?
- If you are concerned that someone knows your password or has accessed your account, change your password immediately, then contact the Helpdesk.
- At least 6 characters long
- Does not match any of your previous passwords
- Does not contain your username, first, or last name
- Contains a character from 3 of the following 4 groups:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Numerals (0 through 9)
- Non-alphabetic characters ($ % ^ &)