Master's in Educational Studies: International Teaching and Global Learning
Wheelock College and the American Community Schools of Athens announce an exciting opportunity for certified teachers to gain valuable teaching experience and earn a master's degree while having an adventure in the seat of learning: Athens, Greece.
The self-design feature of this non-licensure Educational Studies Master's provides unique opportunities for you to both pursue personal and professional goals, and work closely with faculty to design your own course of study. You will complete core courses in human development, research, and multiculturalism in addition to a capstone experience, and get paid while working as a teaching assistant in Athens.
ACS Athens is widely recognized as a premier international school that embraces American educational philosophy, principles, and values for students in grades K-12. Its emphasis on holistic, harmonious, and meaningful education is a natural complement to Wheelock's mission of providing transformational education to students passionate about making the world a better place, especially for children and families.
Students will receive:
- A stipend to cover living expenses while in Athens, choosing between:
- 1,000 euros a month, plus assistance finding their own housing in Athens
- 750 euros a month, with housing and utilities provided by ACS Athens
- Health insurance
- Costs associated with getting a work permit and visa
- Round-trip Boston-Athens economy airfare
Applicants interested in applying to the Master's in Educational Studies: International Teaching and Global Learning program must possess:
- A four-year undergraduate degree
- A valid teacher license in early childhood, elementary, or special education
- Strong academic credentials
March 1, 2014: Applications due. Finalists for the program will be interviewed by ACS Athens officials via Skype in early March.
June 30, 2014: Summer courses held at Wheelock.
August 20, 2014: Students must arrive in Greece.
August 25-29, 2014: Orientation at ACS Athens.
Learn More or Apply
Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions