Master's Degree & Graduate Certificates in Nonprofit Leadership
Nonprofit organizations are among the largest employers in Massachusetts, employing 14 percent of the total workforce. Yet trends predict a shortage of qualified leadership in the coming years.
Organizational Leadership Degrees for Today's Private Sector Organizations
Wheelock's part-time Organizational Leadership programs are designed to prepare you for leadership roles in nonprofit organizations and NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations). Through our focus on civic engagement and social justice, Wheelock is uniquely positioned to provide you with a perspective on leadership that is mindful of the increasing diversity and global scale of today's organizations.
Click on each program to learn more:
Masters in Organizational Leadership degree (30 credits)
Master of Social Work/Master of Science in Organizational Leadership dual degree (78 credits)
Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership (12 credits)
Graduate Certificate in Organizational Leadership for MSW students (12 credits)
A Graduate Program for Leaders of a Global Environment
Our programs will help you develop the capacity to lead organizations in an increasingly global environment, while learning the skills necessary to build effective multicultural organizations with a global perspective.
At Wheelock, you will gain a unique combination of theory, knowledge, practical applications, and leadership skills that will help you take the next step in your career.
Why Pursue an MS or Graduate Certificate in Leadership at Wheelock?
- Professors have practical experience in the field
- Small classes
- Convenient location near public transportation
- Evening and weekend classes, so you may continue working
- Earn a graduate credential in as little as one year
- Earn your master's degree in as little as four semesters
- Community Scholarships are available for students who have a minimum of two years of experience that demonstrates a commitment to the nonprofit field. These scholarships are awarded in amounts of up to $7,500. Please apply by the preferred deadline to be considered.
- United Way Scholarships are available to students who are currently employed by a United Way agency. The scholarship is designed as a four-way partnership between the United Way, Wheelock College, the employer, and the employee (student). The United Way and Wheelock College will each contribute 25% of the tuition, if the employing organization agrees to support the employee with an additional 25% match, thereby reducing the applicant's share to 25% of tuition.
What Students Say about the Organizational Leadership Program
- "I'm excited for the next class and for the rest of the program."
- "I feel that I have gained inside knowledge about how an organization works. I have also gained more confidence."
- "I'm definitely growing as a person and as a leader. I thought that the readings and assignments were realistic and applicable."
- "I really enjoyed the classes, and I was able to apply many of the concepts in my current position."
- "I came into this class looking for elective credits and am coming away with a new passion."
- "This has helped me to become a more aware and enlightened person and to guide me towards what I wanted to do. I honestly could not ask for better professors."
- "I've learned more in this one semester at Wheelock than I have in years."
Pursue a graduate degree in the Boston area. Discover the advantages of expert training in Organizational Leadership. Request more information about a Graduate Studies Program at Wheelock and make a difference in the global environment.