Resources for Supervising Practitioners
Field Experience Office
Activities West, 1st Floor
200 The Riverway
Boston MA 02215
8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily or by appointment
The Field Experience Office is responsible for the placement of students from first year students to graduate students.
As a field practitioner supervising Wheelock students, there are many resources both on campus and off campus available to you. Practitioners are welcome to in-house use of all Wheelock Library materials. Students, faculty, alumnae, and cooperating personnel from the Greater Boston community are invited to use the Resource Center as a workshop for developing their own materials and to borrow equipment from the lending library.
Resources at Wheelock:
Wheelock Voucher Information
Wheelock College offers vouchers to our partners in the field as a thank you for the hard work and dedication involved in mentoring students. Supervising Practitioners who have a full-time or 150 hour (or more) Wheelock student are issued a voucher good toward one course taken at Wheelock. For more information and details about how vouchers can be used, please see the Voucher Policy.
Field Experience Guidebooks
The Guidebooks for practicum are now online to be viewed and printed by students, supervising practitioners, and supervisors. Hard copies are also available through the Field Experience Office upon request. Guidebooks can be found here.
Criteria for education placements
In developing field placements for education students, Wheelock College uses the following criteria:
- Inclusive sites - Program services children with diverse abilities including children with special needs. Students with special needs must be on an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). All attempts must be made to have special education services integrated into the daily program for each child.
- Urban placements where students will have field based experiences in the community where Wheelock College is located and in the two tangential communities.
- Quality models of professional practice.
- Practitioners with a strong commitment to mentoring new professionals.
- Range of experience - Opportunities to work with a team across many roles, with parents, and with the community.
- Clustering When Possible - Multiple students and placements at one site.