Welcome to the Office of Field Education!
Office of Field Education
Activities West, 1st Floor
Boston MA 02215
8 a.m.-5 p.m. daily or by appointment
Field Education is a cornerstone of all degree programs at Wheelock College.
Why Field Education Matters
Field Education is the primary vehicle for students to:
- Apply essential knowledge, skills, and behaviors
- Integrate theory and practice
- Foster meaningful career pathways
Students learn what it means to make a real difference in their lives as well as the lives of the people with whom they work, primarily in urban settings.
The Office of Field Education - Our Mission
The Office of Field Education (OFE) leverages field-based expertise in a way that strengthens the overall academic experience for students while enhancing their personal and professional goals.
What We Do
- Customize field placements to student interest and program requirement
- Enhance the preparedness of students as emerging professionals
- Implement rigorous field-based standards and processes
- Ensure mutually beneficial partnerships that exemplify Wheelock's values
- Utilize best practices in field education to deepen the learning experience for students.
SOCIAL WORK STUDENTS: Field placements for Social Work students are handled by the Social Work Department. Please visit the Social Work Field Education web pages for details.