Instructor of Special Education
Dr. Hanna Rue is the Executive Director of the National Autism Center. She holds a joint appointment as Vice President of Autism Services for May Institute. Her responsibilities include overseeing the second phase of the National Standards Project, a multi-year initiative that resulted in a groundbreaking 2009 report which identified best practices in the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
A licensed clinical psychologist in Massachusetts and a board certified behavior analyst, Dr. Rue obtained her doctorate in clinical psychology at the University of North Dakota. He peer-reviewed publications span topics in basic operant research and applied research. Her current research interests include identification of evidence-based practice for treatment of ASD, investigation of behavior reduction procedures, and skill acquisition procedures.
She has traveled throughout the country and abroad delivering lectures and presentations in her areas of expertise.
- Rue, H. C. (2011). Skills assessment. In J. Luiselli (Ed.), Teaching and behavior support for children and adults with autism spectrum disorder: A practitioner's guide (pp. 48-54). New York, NY: Oxford.
- Wilczynski, S. M., Rue, H. C., Hunter, M., & Christian, L. (in press). Elementary behavioral intervention strategies: Discrete trial training, differential reinforcement and shaping. In P. A. Prelock & R. J. McCauley (Eds.), Treatment of autism spectrum disorders: Evidence-based intervention strategies for communication & social interaction. Baltimore, MD: Paul H. Brookes.
- Rue, H. C. (2011). Professional judgment. In National Autism Center (Ed.), A parent's guide for evidence-based practice and autism. Randolph, MA: Editor.
- Rue, H. C. (2009). Professional judgment and data-based clinical decision making. In National Autism Center (Ed.), Evidence-based practice and autism in the schools: A guide to providing appropriate interventions to students with autism spectrum disorders (pp. 73 - 110). Randolph, MA: Editor.
- Rue, H. C., & Knox, M. P. (2012, May). Evidence-based Practice and Building Capacity. Presented at the 38th Annual ABAI International Conference. Seattle, WA.
- Rue, H. C. (2011, November). Evidence-based practice and the National Standards Project. Presented at the Boston Provider's Conference, Boston, MA.
- Rue, H. C., & Luiselli, J. K. (2011, October). Fading restrictive procedures: A review of the literature. Presented at the 32nd Annual Berkshire Association for Behavior Analysis and Therapy, Marlboro, MA.
- AUT 322 Assessment and Intervention