Together for Quality (T4Q) Field Coach
T4Q Field Coaches Will:
- Provide consultation and mentoring support to grantees in staff professional development, curriculum and instruction, child assessment, and/or program management, assisting them to make program-specific improvements and action steps determined by programs in alignment with QRIS standards.
- Assist assigned QRIS grantees in moving forward in the QRIS through consultation and mentoring support in content areas determined by programs.
- Enroll in and attend a free two-credit mentoring course taught by Wheelock faculty. Classes will be held:
-Friday, March 19, 4-8 p.m., Boston
-Saturday, March 20 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Boston
-Friday, April 1, 4-8 p.m., central Massachusetts
-Saturday, April 2, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., central Massachusetts.
- Attend (3) half-day peer support seminars (April, June, and September 2011) to reflect and share strategies and progress.
- Attend regional QRIS train-the-trainer sessions conducted by the CAYL Institute.
Benefits of T4Q Field-Coaching to Programs
Programs applying for 2011 QRIS Program Improvement Grants can also request a T4Q Field Coach (at no cost). Based on review of applications, a subset of 140 programs will receive coaching. Coaching supports and services will include:
- Information about T4Q quality improvement principles and practices related to the MA QRIS system and the opportunity to advance within the QRIS.
- 24 hours of coaching guidance and support in crafting and implementing Program Improvement Plans (PIPs) with a qualified T4Q Field Coach.
- On-site technical assistance and peer support in curriculum and instruction, professional development, child assessment and/or program management (or other priorities identified in PIP) with a T4Q Field Coach between April and August, 2011
Is your program interested in receiving coaching?
- Apply for a QRIS Program Quality Improvement Grant
- Indicate on your QRIS Program Quality Improvement Grant Online Application that you would like coaching for your program and answer the questions that follow.
- A limited number of programs, approximately 130, will be selected to receive coaching.