Social Work Corps
What is Social Work Corps?
Social Work Corps is a service initiative of the Wheelock College Aspire Institute that mobilizes experienced social workers to support new and future social workers in the field and support under-resourced urban agencies.
What are we looking for?
- Social Workers with MSW or LICSW
- 10 years or more experience
- Flexibility to volunteer 2 hours a week
- Willingness to participate in a learning community
- Commitment to one academic year
- Commitment to social work values and ethics
What are the benefits of the program?
- Receive a voucher for a free Wheelock course
- Become and Educator in Residence at Wheelock College
- Gain access to Wheelock College Seminars and Events
Where do SWC Mentors work?
All SWC mentors work in the Greater Boston area.
Current opportunities include:
Serving as a volunteer case manager through our Pathways to ELL program, an initiative of the Center for Assessment and Screening Excellence (CASE)
Serving as a mentor to 1-3 social work students at the Mattapan Community Center and the Mattahunt Community Center
How can you get involved?
Find a program flier here.