The Aspire Institute was founded in 2007 to serve as an "innovation lab" for Wheelock College. Today, it develops, manages, and hosts several of Wheelock's college-community initiatives.
Aspire's mission is to advance knowledge and solutions in response to social and educational challenges. To fulfill this mission, we collaborate with Wheelock faculty, staff, and community partners to envision and develop new, effective policy and practice in the fields of education, child and human development, and health and wellness.
Connection to engage and strengthen communities
Innovation to explore and expand what is possible
Optimism to act with energy and hope for the future
Click on the image to learn more about the Aspire Institute and share our story.
1. Monday, April 1st, the STEM Mobile App pilots at the Sarah Greenwood School in Dorchester - follow the daily activities on our Facebook!
2. Saturday, May 11th, CASE Work Sampling Training, Level 2 in Hyannis - Info at wheelock.edu/case
3. Friday, May 31 - STEM Pilot Party at the Sarah Greenwood School in Dorchester
4. Register for Wheelock International Conference! - Wednesday, June 19th - Saturday, June 23rd at Wheelock College
1. CASE Trainings
2. Summer 2013: The STEM Teacher Enhancement Project Online Courses
3. Two-week Module: Science Inquiry for Out of School Time Professionals
4. MA Race to the Top and Early Learning Standards Resources
TeachBoston is a partnership between Wheelock College, The Aspire Institute, and Boston Public Schools (BPS) to support the district's commitment to recruiting an increasingly diverse pool of teachers.Wheelock TeachBoston Program >>
The Aspire Institute launched the Boston Family Engagement Partnership to significantly advance family-school engagement to promote children's learning and development.
Aspire's Connected Beginnings Training Institute develops and coordinates training efforts aimed at enhancing the social and emotional well-being of young children within their families, communities, and early care and education programs.
The Aspire Institute's Educator Mentor Corp mobilizes skilled, experienced educators to prepare, inspire, and retain the next generation of educators in Boston, Worcester and Western Massachusetts.
On April 3rd, Aspire celebrated five years of connection, innovation, and optimism with friends, family, program participants, and community partners.Five Year Photos >>