- - Is my résumé no longer than two pages?
- - If two pages long, did I include my name and "Page 2" on the second page?
- - Did I use a professional (Arial, Times, Helvetica, Bookman) font in 10 - 12 point?
- - Are my headings less than 18 point?
- - Did I use one font consistently for the body of the resume?
- - Are all of my margins consistent?
- - Is my text spaced evenly and consistently on the page? Is it easy to read?
- - Was I consistent (and minimal) with my formatting (bold, italics, bullets, indenting, margins, etc.)?
- - Did I use consistent punctuation and capitalization?
- - Did I include contact information, education/certification and experience?
- - Did I use action verbs and strong phrasing?
- - Did I proofread?
- - Did I ask the Career Services staff to critique my resume?
- - Did I laser print on quality 8.5 x 11 bond paper in white, ivory or light gray?
- - Do I have a targeted cover letter to include with my resume?
- - Did I not use first person (I, me, or my)?
- - Are all of the dates written consistently?
- - Are state names either written-out, or abbreviated with the official abbreviation (i.e., Massachusetts or MA)?
Back to Top