Career Services for Students and Alumni
Career Services provides undergraduate and graduate students—as well as alumni—with a wide variety of tools and services to help them attain their goals, including employment or graduate school. The Center sponsors numerous workshops and other career events throughout the academic year and provides seniors with individual assistance in creating a personal game plan for post-graduation success.
We encourage students to begin using our services as early as possible and to continue to build their arsenal of career skills throughout their Wheelock experience. Our Graduate Career Development Framework and Undergraduate Career Development Framework pages provide undergraduate and graduate students with detailed checklists to help them build their careers. See the links below to learn more about our other services and please feel free to contact Career Services for more information or to make an individual appointment.
- Networking Help: Learn how to make contacts and what questions to ask.
- Interviewing Help: Learn how to Dress for Success, write effective Thank You Notes, and see profession-specific Interviewing Guides.
- Cover Letter Help: See a sample Cover Letter, a Cover Letter Checklist, and more.
- Resume Help: See a Resume Format Guide, Resume Checklist, Sample Resumes, and other tools.
- Outside Resources: Research your field, including job market trends, salary ranges, and certification/licensure.
- On-Site Services: Mock interviews, career counseling, and much more.
- Online Resources: Wheelock Works online job listings, SkillScan Express assessment tool, plus an array of downloadable pdfs.