Career Services for Parents
Office of Career Services
Activities Building West
Room 101 & 102
Current Students, use MyWheelock to make an appointment. (click on Appointments to search the Career Services calendar for an open appointment.)
Alumni, contact Director Kelly Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-879-2056
Career Services Mission
Career Services is a vital part of the Wheelock College community that responds effectively to the career development needs of students, starting their first year on campus through graduation and beyond. Through individual appointments, events, workshops, and on- and off-campus partnerships, Career Services helps students make meaningful community connections that support: career/graduate school exploration, goal setting and preparation; development of strong networks; and a competitive edge in the job market.
Support Your Student
There are many ways you can support the career exploration and professional development of your student including:
- Encourage them to meet with Career Services as well as attend career related workshops, programs and career fairs. View upcoming opportunities on the Career Services Events Calendar.
- Have career conversations with your students that help them make connections between majors and careers, identify skills and interests, and discover career paths. Review this list of career questions to help start the conversation.
- Encourage their involvement in curricular and co-curricular opportunities that help build professional skills sought by employers and graduate schools. Wheelock students have access to opportunities such as service-learning trips, clubs and organizations, athletics, community service, practicums, internships, and independent study/research that help them learn and apply important transferrable skills.
- Review the Four Year Career Services Guide for Parents (pdf)
Explore the Student Career Services web page to access the resources that support student career development.
Career Services Volunteer
Career Services volunteers support the career exploration and professional development of Wheelock College students. This can be done in many ways including:
- Serve as a resume reviewer or conduct a mock interview to prepare students for the professional world.
- Host an internship, sponsor a job shadow opportunity or field an informational interview.
- Professionally mentor a student and/or connect a student to others in your network who can assist with career exploration, professional development or job search.
- Represent your organization at a Wheelock sponsored job/internship fair.
Contact Kelly Graham, Director of Career Services, if you are interested in being a volunteer.
Hire a Wildcat
Does your organization have job openings perfect for a Wheelock student or alum? Connect us with your employer or post the opening on Wheelock Works, where employers recruit students and alumni for job, internship, and volunteer opportunities.
Wheelock College Class of 2015 At a Glance
(click graphic to enlarge or download)