Career Services for Faculty and Staff
Do you know a recent Wheelock graduate who started a new job or grad school? Career Services would love to hear about it!
Complete the Recent Wheelock Graduates Survey Form
Office of Career Services
Activities Building West
Room 101 & 102
Current Students, use MyWheelock to make an appointment. (click on Appointments to search the Career Services calendar for an open appointment.)
Alumni, contact Director Kelly Graham at email@example.com or 617-879-2056
Welcome to the Wheelock career community. As a faculty or staff member, you are an important part of the college experience for students and alumni, and we want to collaborate with you on supporting their career development.
There are many ways you can partner with Career Services to support the career exploration and professional development of students including:
- Student Use of Career Services - Encourage students to meet with Career Services as well as attend career related workshops, programs and career fairs. Engagement with Career Services should begin early in students' educational experiences so that they are best prepared for transitions to the professional world or graduate school.
- Promote Programming - Market career programming to students during your classes and add the Spring semester career fair dates to your syllabi. You can view upcoming career programming on the Career Services Events Calendar.
- Class Presentations - Invite Career Services staff to your classes to present on a variety of career topics such as connecting majors to careers, professional etiquette, building transferable skills, resume writing, interview skills and networking. Review the Career Services Presentation Guide for presentation ideas, descriptions and learning outcomes.
- Employer Relations - Work with Career Services to develop relationships with employers interested in providing experiential learning and job opportunities for students.
- Become a Career Services Volunteer - Career Services volunteers support the career exploration and professional development of Wheelock College students. This can be done in many ways including: serving as a resume reviewer or conducting a mock interview during Career Services events; professionally mentor a student; and/or connect a student to others in your network who can assist with career exploration, professional development or job search.
- What Can I Do With This Major website: This site will guide you in helping students connect majors to careers. Learn about career options and strategies to make students marketable job candidates.
- SkillScan: Students use this assessment tool to identify transferable skills and strengths for career planning and preparing for job searches.
- Wheelock Works: Students and alumni can search full-time and part-time job listings from a variety of employers, plus internship and volunteer opportunities.
- Presentation Guide: Use this guide to identify classroom presentations that support the professional development of students. List includes learning objectives and time needed for each presentation.
- Career Events: Search for upcoming workshops as well as on and off campus job fairs.
- Social Media: Connect with us on Twitter at @WheelockCS and join the Wheelock College Alumni Association LinkedIn Group to receive information on Career Services events and workshops and to learn about job and internship opportunities being promoted to students.
- Career Services Staff : Schedule time to meet with Career Services staff to discuss industry trends, career options for different majors, employer relations or integrating career services into your curriculum.
Career Services Mission
Career Services is a vital part of the Wheelock College community that responds effectively to the career development needs of students starting their first year on campus through graduation and beyond. Through individual appointments, events, workshops and on- and off-campus partnerships, Career Services helps students make meaningful community connections that support: career/graduate school exploration, goal setting and preparation; development of strong networks; and a competitive edge in the job market.
Wheelock College Class of 2015 At a Glance
(click graphic to enlarge or download)