Wheelock's Unique Advising Model
Information for New Students
Both new and current students can click here to access MyWheelock for important information, forms, and resources.
Academic Advising will be sending out electronic newsletters this summer to incoming first year students. We'll also have each Be Advised! newsletter available here once it has been sent out:
Here are some helpful resources for new and current students:
Wheelock's 2+2 advising model is uniquely designed to help students get the most from their undergraduate experience.
Incoming first year students work with a professional advisor as they transition to Wheelock.
Incoming transfer students work with a professional advisor for their first semester or two as they transition to Wheelock.
Juniors and seniors are mentored by a faculty advisor in their program of study
Wheelock Advising Experience
Students must declare their major by the second semester of sophomore year. During Spring Break of the sophomore year, students will be assigned to faculty advisors in their academic programs.
A Closer Look at the 2+2 Advising Model
First year, sophomore, and transfer students work with a professional advisor on:
- Successfully transitioning to college life.
- Designing an academic program plan.
- Developing and monitoring their academic success plan.
- Connecting to the multitude of opportunities available at Wheelock, COF, and in local communities.
Juniors and seniors have a faculty advisor in their program of study who:
- Uses a developmental philosophy to mentor students.
- Reviews advisees' academic plans and make adjustments as necessary.
- Continues to develop and monitor their advisees' academic success plans.
- Creates opportunities for students as they grow professionally.