Directions to Wheelock By Public Transportation
Wheelock College is conveniently located between Fenway Station and Longwood Station, on the MBTA's Green Line Riverside Line (D). There are several bus routes that stop nearby as well.
Walking to Wheelock from Longwood Station:
Directions if you walk around the Emerald Necklace/City of Boston Park:
- With the train station at your back, turn left and walk up Chapel St. to Longwood Ave. Turn left onto Longwood Ave. and walk one block (over the river) to the intersection with The Riverway.
- Cross The Riverway (at lights), turn left, and continue walking approximately 2 blocks.
- Wheelock College will be on your right at 200 The Riverway.
Directions if you walk through the Emerald Necklace/City of Boston Park (shorter). The park is not open after dark. There is NO lighting in this park!
- Get off the train and head for the small set of stairs, turn left and walk along the path bearing right where two paths meet.
- Cross over the river and walk upstairs toward The Riverway.
- Once across The Riverway, cross Short St. and turn left.
- Wheelock College is on the right.
Walking to Wheelock from Fenway Station:
- Walk away from the station, keeping the Landmark Center on the left, head to the right toward Park Drive. At pedestrian walk light, cross Park Drive at the intersection of The Riverway.
- Follow the crosswalks and lights toward the far side of The Riverway, heading toward the large silver building. That is Wheelock's Campus Center at 180 The Riverway.
Bus Routes that pass near Wheelock College:
Several MBTA buses stop on Brookline Avenue near Wheelock College.
When taking any of the following routes, exit at the Beth Israel Hospital stop on Brookline Avenue.
To walk from Brookline Avenue to Wheelock College:
- The Winsor School athletic fields are across the street from the Hospital.
- Follow the walkway between the Winsor fields and the Simmons College residential campus.
- At the end of of the Walkway is the intersection of Pilgrim Road and Short Street. Proceed down Short Street to The Riverway, turn right and Wheelock College is on your right at 200 The Riverway.
- The following Bus Routes travel Brookline Avenue:
- MBTA Bus #8: (Harbor Point-UMass to Kenmore Station, via B.U. Medical Center and Dudley Station).
- MBTA Bus #47: (Albany Street to Central Square, Cambridge via the Longwood Medical Area).
- MBTA Bus #60: (Chestnut Hill to Kenmore Square via Brookline Avenue).
- MBTA Bus #65: (Brighton Center to Kenmore Square via Brookline Avenue).
- MBTA Bus # CT2: (Sullivan Station to Ruggles Station via Kendall/MIT).
- MBTA Bus # CT3: (Beth Israel Hospital - Andrew Station via B.U. Medical Center/BCH
For details on connecting to the Green Line from other MBTA subway, bus and commuter rail routes, and handicap accessibility, please visit the MBTA website at www.mbta.com.
Wheelock College is a member of MASCO. They have several bus routes free to Wheelock faculty, staff, and students, as well as parking facilities and tips on commuting. Go to their website for more information at www.masco.org/.