Institutional Diversity and Inclusion Council
To facilitate our vision for institutional diversity, the Council will:
- Clearly define and publicize our commitment to diversity.
- Create and sustain a campus climate of openness that appreciates diversity, and regularly assess that environment as well as procedures in place to address any challenges.
- Suggest and facilitate new programs and efforts on campus around diversity as needed.
- Increase and support sustained opportunities for academic research, scholarship and student learning from a diversity, equity or multicultural perspective and achieve greater recognition and representation among all members of the community, including but not limited to: racial, ethnic, cultural, sex, gender identity or expression, ability, age, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation and other groups as defined in the employee, faculty and student handbooks.
Mission & Values
We are a private, not-for-profit college serving a public mission, which is to improve the lives of children and families. Our values promote that:
- We are committed to being a dynamic, rigorous, and transformational learning, living and working community underpinned by theory, practice, research, and advocacy.
- We infuse all we do with a focus on achievement, integrity, mutual respect, multiculturalism and diversity, and social justice with a global perspective.
- We value the power of partnerships and collaborations to effect positive change for children and families.
- We work to ensure that graduates view their Wheelock experience as a valuable investment that serves them well throughout their professional and personal lives.
Wheelock strives to build an exemplary educational community characterized by:
- An intellectual environment that is both challenging and nurturing
- Encouragement and support for curriculum and pedagogy dedicated to diversity issues
- Commitment to social justice and equality
- Respect for human diversity
- Genuine appreciation and celebration of how the many commonalities and differences among us enrich our institutional mission
Note: All meetings of the Council are open to the Wheelock community
President Jackie Jenkins-Scott
Chief Diversity Officer Marta T. Rosa
Admissions, Jessica Reyes
Director of Human Resources, Michele Crews
Dean of Students, Barbara Morgan
Assistant Director of Diversity and Campus Programs, Jamie Boussicot
Director of Academic Assistance and Disability Services, Paul Hastings
Faculty Senate Representation, Cheryl Render Brown
Faculty Senate Representation, William Rodriguez
Student Advisory Council Rep., Juo An Lu
At-Large Students Rep., Mynor Rosa
At Large Students Rep., Carly Johnson
Graduate Student Rep., Chiara Razzino
Public Safety, Jimmy Kambutu
Facilities Rep., Cloyd Osborne
Director of Student Engagement, Jonathan Lewis
Institutional Research Analyst, Lance Angell
Athletics, Stephanie Smyrl
Center for International Partnerships and Programs, Kayla Desnoyers
Staff Support: Julie Bolduc, OGEA&SP Graduate Assistant