2nd Annual Policy Connection Student Blog Contest
Deadline: Extended to March 31, 2014 by 5 p.m.
The Office of Government & External Affairs, and Strategic Partnerships wants you to share your thoughts on some of today's most hot topics in policy and politics. We know you have an opinion. Share it, let us publish it and win a tablet all in the process!
All students are welcome to submit a blog post between 500 - 800 words for the second annual contest that addresses the question below.
What policies enforce the status quo? What policies could address this problem?
Critical policy issues for focus include: homelessness, poverty, or gun control.
The message of your piece is entirely up to you. Just remember your audience - Wheelock students, faculty and staff, alumni, policy leaders and Wheelock's many partners in schools, human service agencies, advocacy groups and many more.
What You Could Win!
• Top Prize - A tablet & Publication on the Policy Connection
• Second Prize - $50 iTunes gift card & Publication on the Policy Connection
• EVERY blog post will be eligible for publication on OGEA & SP's Policy Connection site. This is an opportunity to showcase your writing skills to the Wheelock community, partners and potential employers on a resume!
A committee will judge submissions based on the following criteria:
• Understanding of the problem and topic
• Explanation of solution
• Relevant explanation and support for opinions
• Effectiveness is communicating opinion and message
• Writing style and organization
The deadline for submission is March 24, 2014 by 5 p.m. All entries should be sent to Julie Bolduc at firstname.lastname@example.org. At the bottom of your piece, please include your name, year of graduation, major and no more than three sentences highlighting your academic/professional interests. Please also include a headshot that can be posted alongside your blog if it is chosen for publication.
Contact Julie Bolduc with any questions.
Check out the 2013 winners' blogs!